The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN); also known as Caritas Nigeria is the specialised agency of the Catholic Church in Nigeria for coordinating development and Humanitarian interventions. Since its establishment in 2010 by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), Caritas Nigeria has reached millions of beneficiaries and communities across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a global confederation of 166 member nations that shares in the common vision of being the outreach of the Church to those in need.
The Global Fund Public Private Mix TB project as of the third quarter of its second year had achieved the following:
- Engagement and training of 461 Faith-based health facilities meeting 112% of the expected target.
- Engagement and training of 4163 Spokes personnel including (3706 patients medical vendor, 179 community pharmacist and 278 traditional birth attendants)
- Diagnosis of 13098 DS TB cases with 12678 cases being initiated on treatment.
- Notification of 256 DR TB case and 410 DR TB case initiated on treatment across 462 faith-based facilities.
- Payment of incentives to implementing FBO sites and working closely with them to ensure the incentives are utilized in carrying out TB related project to help increase case finding.